Thursday, August 14, 2014

Potty Training

I’m just not good at it.  With my first it was a non-issue.  He fell asleep on a trip home from the beach naked and didn't urinate or defecate on himself and when he woke up I said hey lets go on the potty.  That was it end of story.  
But oh lord this time around it's been a hot mess!!! I get emails every so often discussing what's going on in the 2014 toddler world and many parents are in the midst of potty training or have successfully done it and I’m all like no my kid shits her pants and pisses on my floors. Don’t get me wrong we have had successful potty days but they are few and far between and usually involve trying to avoid going to bed. But because everyone else is doing it I feel like my kid should too.  What can I say I’m sometimes competitive.  

Anyway, I've tried to let her run around naked, or in fancy panties or with pull ups but I to date have failed miserably.  She thinks its funny to urinate on the floor and dance in it if she’s naked or pee through her panties and say “I just need new one’s now” or wet her pull up like its a diaper and those things are fucking expensive. So I think I’m going to give up and hope one day before she goes to college she wakes up from a nap after a day at the beach and I’ll say hey lets go on the potty and that will be the end of it.  You could say I’m super lazy(I wouldn't argue with you) or she’s just not ready.  

No comments:

Post a Comment